Here are the key results from the US launch of the iPhone 14 series:
- Higher inventories than when the iPhone 13 launched last year.
- There is also plenty of stock in the Apple Stores for customers who want to buy their new iPhone 14 spontaneously.
- Some iPhone 14 Pro Max models are already in arrears with the providers.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro lead early sales figures.
- Early adopters and upgraders have continued to choose the Pro models.
- Many iPhone 14 buyers are upgrading from older phones like the iPhone X Series.
- Few are switching from an iPhone 13 Pro.
- The new deep purple color is the front runner in color choices.
- Apple and carriers will have a hard time persuading iPhone 13 owners to buy an iPhone 14, as for many the differences to the cheaper iPhone 13 are too small.
- Carrier pre-order deals are similar to last year, but Verizon is no longer the frontrunner.
- Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are offering similar pre-order deals to last year: up to $800 off the base model and up to $1,000 off the Pro Series trade-in and unlimited plan devices.
- Verizon’s iPhone 14 Pro promotion offers an additional $200 in the form of an e-voucher card for changers. This shows Verizon to be more stingy, since last year there was an additional $500 via a Mastercard prepaid.
- The trade-in offers at the Apple Store are less attractive than last year.
- The top Apple phone trade-in prices this year are $720 for an iPhone 13 Pro Max and $600 for an iPhone 13 Pro.
- Last year the deals were better at $790 for an iPhone 12 Pro Max and $640 for an iPhone 12 Pro.
Tag: iphone design, iphone 14, apple iphone, iphone release